Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Austria City Hopping

Things have been going pretty well. I talked with peter after that last post. We discussed some things. Had a great last night in Florence with all of my roommates and friends from school. We did a couple final site sees the day I shipped everything back home.

I am living off a backpack now. Peter and I arrived in Innsbruck on early Saturday morning last weekend. Innsbruck was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to. Right in the heart of the Austrian Alps. We went snowboarding on top of a mountain. My body is still sore from how many falls I took. The view was incredible though. We stayed at Peter's friend Katerina's house. She was an amazing host. We hung out with all of her friends. It was a fun time. Her mom cooked us some traditional dishes. Very Tasty. We got to jam with some of her friends too. Flow is an excellent guitarist. It was fun jamming with people that had different styles. Flow and Bernie agreed with that for me and peter.

After Innsbruck we stopped in Salzberg for a night. One of Katerina's friends offered to drive us to Salzberg and let us stay at his place. People here are just really hospitable. It is really warming in my heart to meet these people. I plan to let couchsurfers come to my place if they please someday where I can be a good host as well.

Last night we arrived in Vienna and met up with my old roommate from freshman year at college. Jack! I accidently found him and his girlfriend on couchsurfing. We'll be staying at their place for 3 nights before we head to Prague on Friday morning. Unfortunately, Jack had to leave back to the states this morning to visit his family for the holidays. So we'll be staying with his girlfriend Janina, who from my first impression I would say is a very nice person.

That's all that's been going on really. We'll see what kind of changes and experiences are about to come.

No comments: