Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Packing Break

So right now I am packing while listening to The Allman Brothers Band's 1973 New Year's Eve Show featuring Jerry Garcia, Bill Kreutzman, and Boz Scaggs. It's unbelievable. I leave for Italy tomorrow! I can't believe this day finally came. It feels weird. That's the only word to describe it. Man I have a lot of clothes. I wanna bring almost all of it. But I don't wanna overpack. It's a tough decision weeding out some of the items. Cuz I really like most of my clothing. I fuckin sound like a chick right now.

I saw Mike Gordon last night as a final show before I leave. So glad I saw it. The show was incredible! I was amazed for sure. It was his own band. The guitarist in the band was really sick. Sounded a lot like Trey. I think it's because he his guitar was made by the same guy. A Languedoc I believe? But no, he totally ripped it like trey too. And Mike was just funky as hell! Also Leo Kottke came out as a very special guest since he lives here. They did an acoustic set. It was tight. I was inspired from it. It reminded me of when Ostlund and I used to just jam as us two in his room. We haven't jammed alone in a long time. These days we just jam as a group with trav drumming or mark or spiggs who both play the guitar very well. Everyone was just waiting for 1 Phish song. Just one is all I wanted at least. I love Mike's new stuff. But c'mon we gotta here 1 at least. And we did! They encored with Makisupa Policeman. A very good song to pick. I was expecting something different. He played at the Varsity Theater. I have never been there before last night. But that place is beautiful. I love the way it is set up. It's gotta be one of our best indoor venues we have. I highly recommend everyone to check it out if they haven't yet. And to top off all of that, I met Mike Gordon and shook his hand!!! I never thought that would happen in my entire life. He's a nice guy. But I felt bad for him cuz he was all sweaty after the show and looked really tired and had to deal with people coming up to him. So I just thanked him for an amazing show and told him I enjoyed it very much.

Peter called me yesterday morning and woke me up. We caught up on a couple things. Talked about our travelings that'll happen soon. Talked about spiritual growth. He's a very spiritual guy now. I think it's pretty cool. It's good for him at least. I'm a little different now that I think about it. I didn't tell him this. But I am not very spiritual right now. I feel that this reason is because before I can start believing in something else, I have to believe in myself first. Right now I don't believe I know who I really am. I'm kinda lost. I gotta get it together. Gotta gotta getit. Gotta gotta getitogether. We talked about how we both simultaneously watched Good Will Hunting together across the world from eachother without even knowing. Had to be fate for sure. FERSHER! (you knew i was gonna say that next). We also talked about personal issues we've been dealing with. Anyway, to sum that up, I look forward to seeing him in a few months.

So you guys remember how I had this little school boy crush on chick. Well that's all that it was. To be honest, it's not even there anymore. I don't know what I was really thinking. I mean I still like her and all. She's beautiful and a really tight person. Has some heady friends. Always a plus. But I don't know. Whatevs. I'm over it. I'm not sure if she liked me that much. I definitely made it kinda awkward between us. And I don't really wanna waste my time with that awkwardness. This guy at my work totally moves quicker with her anyway. Or at least it seems this way. Life lesson right there. It's titled "Get Some Balls and Start Making Some Moves Max!" But Brady saw me say I'm over her right to his face. And he was like, "No you aren't. I can see it in your face." So that got me thinking for a couple days. And I realized, yes I am. The only thing I can't get over is that I told her that stuff earlier. Because now things are way awkward. And I don't like that. I would still like to be friends and just chill with her. Maybe smoke some spliffs. I quit smoking weed pretty much. But spliffs aren't that bad. They're easier for me to handle in my head. Yeah, I'm not an idiot. I know there's weed in spliffs.

I still have so much shit to do before I leave. Man, I'm way behind. I gotta get on that. So this is my good bye to Ptown and Minneapolis. Next time you guys hear from me, I'll be in Florence, Italy! Peace!

No comments: